Multi-disciplined project designer with experience in the science, technology and education spaces. Noted accomplishments include:
- Completed Menlo High-Tech Anthropologists ® UX Training.
- After researching and viewing customer interactions with science exhibits, improved design experiences through an enhanced visual approach.
- Project manager for the redesign of simultaneous innovative and interactive projects;from design concept to completion.
- Heightened emotional experiences through the labeling redesign of large complex scientific concepts.
- Provided coaching and leadership to others on an organizational system that led to decreased exhibit downtime.
- User experience Design
- Project Management
- Mac or Windows
- MS Project, Word & Excel
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Streamlining processes & workflow
- Problem solver
- Divergent thinker
- Always learning
- Innovative leader
- Fast Paced
Exhibit Technician & Graphic Designer, Ann Arbor Hands on Museum
Ann Arbor, MI. Jan. 2015-April 2018
The Ann Arbor Hands on Museum is a 501(c)(3) organization with more than 250 interactive science, technology,energy and health exhibits that await students of all ages.
- Strategized to conceptualize and develop ideas for future scientific exhibits while incorporating museum mission and customer needs.
- Led and mentored team members in the implementation of design strategy and concept.
- Managed the department Trello board to organize the preventive maintenance and enhancement needs for more than 250 exhibits.
- Designed an organizational system that mitigated the risk of a dangerous shop environment; also resulting in a decrease of exhibit repair time from four days to 15 minutes.
- Decreased expenses by building rapport with new and existing vendors; developed a searchable vendor log and resource sheet resulting in increased efficiency.
- Took initiative to update the design of 2d-print-based exhibits and exhibit labeling using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Utilized a wide range of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and fabricated parts.
Retail Sales Specialist, Apple Inc.
Novi, MI. Oct. 2009-Nov. 2014
The Apple Store is a retail environment uniquely focused on delivering amazing customer experiences.
- Contributed to new store opening ensuring brand consistency; planned and managed logistics, visuals, display layout, cord management and product placements.
- Designed and maintained an in-house blog and newsletter to enable co-workers to share creative pursuits and events.
- Assisted with sales operations to support a daily average of 1,200-1,500 visitors; provided consumer in-store group workshops and one-on-one trainings.
Adjunct Graphic Design Professor, Adrian College
Adrian, MI. Aug. 2011-April 2013
Adrian College is a private liberal arts college that offers bachelor’s degrees in 40 academic majors and programs.
- Developed a series of web blogs as a new form of communication empowering students to engage with weekly materials and design vernacular in and beyond the classroom.
- Solely revitalized the graphic design curriculum through the development of unique programming. Courses developed and taught include:
Web Design (Dreamweaver, HTML)
Digital Imaging (Photoshop)
Graphic Design I (Illustrator / InDesign)
Graphic Design II (Illustrator/InDesign)
Graphic Designer, Campus Life Department, Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI. June 2006-May 2009
The Campus Life Department offers student-centered learning, development and involvement activities for students, staff and members of the broader campus community.
- Under tight project deadlines, utilized Adobe CS Suite to create print and web projects including posters, flyers, brochures, books, calendars and tri-folds.
- Improved workflow by creating an organizational system for filing work orders resulting in a 30% decrease in turnaround times.
- Gathered or took photographs for print events and web advertising.
- Worked with surrounding departments to insure proper copy and brand identity specs.
- Executed design jobs and coordinated yearly training for new designers.
EducationMFA, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI. Graphic Design (Installation Design)
Magna Cum Laude
BFA, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. Industrial Design (Product & Exhibit)
- The University of Michigan Alumni Association lifetime member
- National Professional Association for Design (AIGA) affiliate
- Former President of the Art Masters Association at Eastern Michigan University (EMU AMA)
- Former Co-President of the University of Michigan Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA)
Kristina seeks to discover her ultimate career contributing a high level of organizational skills aligned with her creative mind to provide design strategy for your businesses and educational organizations with forward thinking strategic thinking and branding. "An idea is nothing more than scribbles until acted upon."